I can understand stores putting up Halloween decorations, but Christmas? Seriously, I’m not ready for the depths of winter just yet. But, Halloween seems to be on many people’s minds already, decorations have definitely been popping up in my neighborhood.
I really wish I loved Halloween. Every year I think about “Martha Stewarting” my house into a big disney-esque Haunted Mansion. I should just come to the realization, it’s never going to happen. Frankly, the whole thing scares the bejesus out of me. I was far too young (thanks to my friend’s brothers) when I first saw Halloween and Friday the 13th, and now I can’t drive through the woods without thinking Michael Myers is going to jump on the roof. My hilarious sister even set her ring tone to Friday the 13th for my calls. Needless to say, it’s not my favorite day (sometime I’ll tell you the Halloween bird story!).
But, I do like candy! And I enjoy putting together special treats for neighbor friends and classroom parties. So here are 5 of my favorite Favor the Earth Halloween goodies…
- Yummy Earth lollipops are unbelievably delicious and safe for virtually any allergy. For a limited time, we have them available in a 5 lb. bulk bag too!
- Endangered Species Chocolates. We all need a chocolate fix, this one is not only made in the states with Fair Trade chocolates, but the rich taste is to “die” for; & “But Bites” are great for little vampires!
- Our new organic popcorn makes a fantastic, and healthy treat. If you can figure out how to make popcorn balls with the Fleur de Sel Caramel please let me know.
- Assorted mini Glee Gum boxes are the perfect size for Halloween treat bags. They also have no artificial sugars & are safe for most allergies.
- Since we can’t bring any food treats to my kids’ school parties, I opt for the eco-eraser sticks! Sharpen them just like a pencil, but the whole thing is a recycled eraser. To make it even cooler- the eraser changes colors as you sharpen it.
Daily Green Special: Order any of these 5 favorites and we’ll add a free medium produce bag to your order (little ones can use it for a trick or treat bag, then ‘recycle’ it into a produce bag). Just write “Halloween” in the customer checkout notes and we’ll add the free bag to your order. Offer valid until tomorrow’s post.