It’s BBQ season! Time to fire up the grill and dine al fresco. I love hot weather, and I love eating outside even more. For me, Memorial Day weekend is the beginning of improptu cookouts with friends. I even have a new dress for it!
(side story!) On our Austin getaway (mom, sister, & I) we saw several college-age girls setting up racks in front of a rather upscale boutique. The first item they hung up was a casual long dress that I couldn’t keep my eyes off of, but we still weren’t certain what they were doing. Of course, we had to ask. College girls, take note, this is a great idea. Turns out, every season these sority girls hold a resale (of their upscale digs!) while partnering with a local store. The proceeds of their resale, and a portion of the boutique’s sales, all go to the selected charity that season. Great idea. At 5″3, I was a bit leery of a long dress, but they assured me that it was a fantastic “patio party” dress. So, for $15, I helped foster kids and found a fabulous dress for this weekend’s bbq!
So, aside from a fun “patio party dress,” here are five must-haves to keep on hand for this grilling season:
- Limoncello Soy Candle: Our US, non-GMO, hand-poured, soy limoncello candle not only smells great, it’s a natural citronella as well. Available in two sizes, but this limited edition three-wick (burns for over 100 hours!) is perfect for backyard patios. Keep mosquitoes away with a pure essential oil blend of geraniums and lemon-thyme.
- Recycled Jersey Apron: Every grill-master needs a great apron. Combine their love of sports with their love of food. Hand-crafted from recycled jerseys. Even if the burgers are bit burnt, as least the chef looks great cooking!
- Natural Bug Spray: While the limoncello candle will keep the bugs off the patio, don’t forget about the kids playing Ghosts in the Graveyard! This natural bug spray won’t leave eyes burning, but will keep the bugs from biting.
- Upcycled Vase: Another great part of summer… no need to buy expensive flowers for your events. Cut some favorites from your yard (or a generous neighbor’s!) and create your own bouquet. Then, dress them up in our upcycled vases! Handmade in Florida with non-toxic paints, recycyled papers, and vintage rhinestones, these recycled bottles turned amazing vases will add fun color to your table.
- Two Brothers Beer Soap: A perfect little something-something to say “thanks for inviting us to your bbq!” This organic, handmade soap is made with Two Brothers Brewing beer. Available in Cane & Ebel and The Bitters End. Stock up for the summer & all of those last minute invites!
Daily Green Special: Spend $20 on our bbq party “must-haves” and receive a free FACESTICK sunscreen (keep your afternoon party guests protected from too many rays!). Just write BBQ in the checkout notes and we’ll add the free sunscreen to your order. Offer valid until tomorrow’s post. Happy