Today is one of those days where my “to-do” list is overflowing.
I know, as we’re approaching the holiday season, that this is only the beginning of jam-packed agendas. I am determined, though, to make this holiday season organized and enjoyable instead of chaotic scrambling.
It is especially on days like today where I feel like I don’t have a second to relax. That is why it’s even more important to breathe.
Feeling a bit stressed? Try these 5 steps to keep productive yet calm and focused.
- Breathe. Stopping to rest may seem like the last thing you have time for, but thirty seconds of down time really won’t disrupt your agenda. Close your eyes and concentrate only on three deep inhales and exhales, relaxing the tongue away from the roof of your mouth. 30 seconds is all it takes for a mini-recharging session!
- Light a candle: Beeswax naturally detoxifies the surrounding environment. While working in my office, I light Orange for calming and soothing energy. Need extra focus? Try Rosemary for stimulating & energizing the senses. Sage is great for balancing and revitalizing the spirit and Clove for warming and soothing your surrounding. Of course, never leave a candle lit when you aren’t in the room!
- Mindful Snacking: I hate stopping to make healthy snacks when I’m in the middle of a project. But, then I’m left with low blood sugar ready to binge on anything I can find. Definitely not a good idea! Set out a tray with sliced fresh fruits and veggies and a few crackers. Quick to grab as you walk by and the gorgeous mango wood platter makes everything look even more delectable.
- Something Sweet: According to Natural Health Magazine (nov/dec, 2012) dark chocolate is packed with antioxidants & can reduce blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol. As long as the chocolate has at least 70% cocoa, a small indulgence is actually great for your health! By choosing our Endangered Species organic chocolates, you’re not only doing something good for yourself, but the environment as well!
- Sleep. Too many unchecked items on your list? Staying up late (or getting up earlier) trying to get everything done? You may actually be less productive. Short changing your sleep can lead to less focus, weight gain, and more fine lines on the skin. Worry less about that last to-do item, you’ll be more apt to finish the project faster after a good night’s rest.
Daily Green Special: Start practicing stress-busters now so you’re ready when the holidays are here! Stock up on our aromatherapy beeswax candles, all three sizes (in-stock) are on sale. Offer valid until tomorrow’s post. Happy Thursday!