Finding gifts for kids ages 10-14 can be really difficult.
It’s that awkward age where they’re outgrowing toys from their elementary school years, but aren’t quite ready for the (sometimes too grown-up) teenage gifts.
Sure, cash and iTunes gift cards are appreciated, but they aren’t very personal.
Choose one of our 9 great gifts for tweens instead!
1. Mini-me recycled bags: Made from recycled hockey gear, these bags are great for school supplies, sport tape, or trading cards.
2. Recycled Fabric Hat Pouch: Easy to hang from a backpack or key chain, or stash inside a tote. This zippered pouch is perfect for pocket change, lip balm, school ID, even ear buds!
3. Green Pieces Puzzles: Way beyond 150 piece puzzles? These 500 piece puzzles are a challenge, and eco-friendly. Each piece is embedded with seeds; plant the pieces and grow wildflowers! Learn great eco-facts along the way too.
4. SpaRitual Gift Set: If your tween is ready to start experimenting with makeup & polish, be sure they’re choosing a safe product. This gift set includes 4 bottles of vegan polish that is also DBP, toluene, & formaldehyde-free, so it’s a much safer alternative than drugstore brands. Also comes with cool eco-friendly, biodegradable wood pulp straw bag.
5. Recycled Hats & Mitts: It’s easier to get kids to bundle up when they’re showing team pride or school spirit! These toasty warm hats and mitts are handmade in Canada from recycled hockey gear.
6. Owl Necklace: Owls are still the rage, though the 2 foot one that sits on my chimney and hoots all night is starting to wear out its welcome! Choose a nice, silent owl that’s made from antique spoons; chain is adjustable.
7. Vapur Water Bottles: No doubt about it, kids are busy these days. School, sports, activites…there’s a lot going on. Proper hydration is essential for maintaining energy for their busy lives. These convenient bottles easily clip to a backpack or sports bag, and they’re collapsible when empty. Parents love them because they’re dishwasher safe! Freeze the bottle & use as a lunchbag ice pack.
8. Eco-Gear Backpack: School bag starting to wear out already? Start the new year green with our Eco-Gear Palili II Backpack. Made from recycled plastic bottles, this ultra-functioning backpack has ergo padded shoulder straps, internal organizing pocket, dual side mesh bottle pockets, and, of course, non-toxic dyes & materials! Available in 3 colors.
9. Recycled Cardboard Robot: Tweens aren’t quite ready to give up toys yet! But, they need more of a challenge than what’s available on most store shelves. This Calafant recycled cardboard Robot is one cool project! Even better, older kids can do it with relatively little assistance. 78 steps. Almost two hours to build. Then time to decorate & play… pour an extra cup of coffee & grab a magazine, the kids are going to be BUSY! When complete, this robot stands at almost 2 ft tall! Don’t worry, it’s completely collapsible for storage. (treehouse & dollhouse also available)
Daily Green Special: Spend $35 on fabulous tween gifts and we’ll add a free Endangered Species organic chocolate bar to your order: a little sweet treat for the stocking! Just write “tween” in the checkout notes & we’ll add the free chocoloate to your purchase. Offer valid until Monday’s post. Happy Friday!