Yesterday while walking my dog, I passed a neighbor wearing shorts and a t-shirt having a snack on his front porch. Around the block I passed someone else working on her laptop while sitting on the driveway- shoes off, chair turned toward the sun. Neither event would be unusual if it were summer, but it was 36°. Needless to say, Chicagoans are ready for Spring.
Or a vacation!
1. Even though the sun is a welcome change, don’t forget your sunscreen. Protecting your nose, cheeks, and lips is easy with EcoLips Facestick. SPF 30 in a convenient balm-style tube, small enough to keep in your pocket. Made in the USA. on sale, $3.75
2. Flying with kids? Ease uncomfortable ear pressure during take off and landing with Yummy Earth lollipops. Safe for nut-allergies and gluten-free. Pack a few extra, though, the adults nearby will want one too! 100% Vegan, Certified Organic, No artificial dyes, Real fruit extracts, Casein-free, GMO-free, Soy-free, Wheat-free, Dairy-free, No MSG. Made in Mexico. $7.00
3. Just because you’re on vacation doesn’t mean you need to forego your skin care routine, or have to pack full-size containers. Green Envee Homeopathic skin care sample set has everything you need to maintain your gorgeous skin in TSA approved sizes. Sample set includes purifying cream cleanser, restore moisturizer, defense moisturizer + SPF, and micro-bamboo facial exfoliator. Made in the USA. $15.00
4. No one wants to do laundry on vacation, but sometimes it’s necessary. Don’t lug heavy bottles or get stuck with an over-priced container you won’t finish, Yoreganics Soap Nuts are the perfect solution. Ideal for use in washing machines, hotel sinks, or even a camper, these convenient USDA certified organic soap nuts (technically a berry so don’t worry about nut-allergies) are also great for those with eczema or sensitive skin.
Upcoming trip less vacation and more non-stop sports tournament? These mighty fragrance-free soap nuts are tough on stinky, sweaty clothes- perfect for team uniforms. Made in the USA. $2.99-$14.99
5. Not only are plastic water bottles hard on the environment, they’re tough on our wallet too. Vapur collapsible water bottles are the perfect travel companion. They roll-up for convenient transport when empty, fit in airport water refilling stations, they’re lightweight, and their handy carabiner clips make them a breeze to carry (hands free!) on the slopes or at the beach. 2 sizes available. Made in the USA. $9.95-$13.95
6. Visiting family and friends on your trip? Don’t show up empty-handed to your gracious hosts. MyVaz collapsible vases are a great personal touch without having to find a gift store in an unfamiliar area. Packs flat for easy suitcase transport. Then, simply add a few flowers and water and presto! Instant hostess gift. 12 designs available. $7.95
7. What’s a vacation without a little souvenir shopping? Many cities have banned plastic bags, so be prepared with your own bag. Recycled organic t-shirt bags are durable (can easily carry two gallons of milk!), machine washable, and comfortable to carry. Various colors available. Made in the USA. $8.00
8. Traveling with your four-legged family members? H2Fido is the perfect way to ensure they stay hydrated on your journey too. Forget the hassle of trying to pour water into your hands for them to lap, H2Fido contains a water bottle and two bowls (all collapsible and BPA-Free) attached to a handy carabiner clip. 6 designs to match your furry-friend’s personality. $9.95
9. Traveling to your destination leave you feeling a little anxious? Worried about flying? Chakra Essential Oil Blends will help you relax and enjoy the journey. Experiencing Anxiety? Try the Third Eye (6th) Chakra Blend. Vacation focus about reconnecting? Try the Heart (4th) Chakra Blend. Also available in a travel spray.
Bring the benefits of aromatherapy to your hotel, or guest room, with the aroma mist vaporizer. Lightweight for easy transport.
Essential oil blends: Made in the USA. $15.00-$115.00